Monday, July 29, 2024

Run 189 - A bit on Molt Road

July 29, 2024

After completing Run 188, I drove north to the west side of the country club and parked on the corner of 62nd Street and Sam Snead.  Molt road is nearby and I needed to run the piece that travels northwest from 62nd to the city limits.  I also needed to get a couple hundred feet of 62nd.


The map showed me running all the way to the parking lot at Phipps Park but the city limit is just east of there.  I decided to at that loop on the south side of Molt Road that isn’t, technically, in the city but was curious about the view.


62nd ends at this gate.  The road does continue through to another gate in the Ironwood subdivision.


I went up for a closer look and saw some wildlife.


I ran out on Molt Road and before long I spied some litter worth picking up.  Two new escutcheons on the shoulder.  I’ll pick them up on the way back. 


I arrived at the turnoff for Golden West Terrace and ran up the hill.


Some nice views.



That’s Phipps Park on top of that hill.




The road delivered me back on Molt Road.


I ran past the entryway to Ironwood.


I continued on.  I figured that the city limit was somewhere between here and the railroad tressle. 


I turned around across from some new construction.  This place backs up to the railroad track with Phipps Park behind that.


Now it was back to where I parked.



I can now mark this section off on my master map.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Some final thoughts

August 4, 2024 The wrap up article from the press: https://406mtsports.com/extra/hes-been-everywhere-billings-man-jogs-through-every-street-...