Friday, June 21, 2024

Run 180 - East and West off South Billings Blvd./Blue Creek Road

June 21, 2024

A good run and a milestone.  With today’s run I’ve logged 1,001.13 miles on this project.

I wanted a short run today and I also wanted to start working on the neighborhoods that are south of the Yellowstone River but are in the city.  The city map does stretch in order to get the Briarwood neighborhood in it and, I think, includes the ones I ran today.  The one on the east side of the highway must be because it had fire hydrants and city trash bins.  The route for today:


I thought I’d park at this reasonably new fishing access site but when I pulled in I saw a bike park so park there instead.  It’s a really nice little park with jumps and other things for the BMX crowd to have some fun on.



I headed up to the highway.  Traffic usually flies through here but the bridge across the river is down to one lane so there’s a signal controlling the flow which is slowing everyone down.



I didn’t have far to go to make a turn on Santiago.  




Once into the neighborhood, I ran up hills and did quite a few out-and-backs.  There’s construction going on, looking like they are getting new water lines.












The are some good views here.







I got to the bottom of the hills and did one ore out-and-back.


Then it was across the highway to a small neighborhood.


It was only a few blocks long.



Then it was on the highway and to the end of the bridge that goes over the river.


I headed back to where I’d parked but decided to check out the boat launch area and saw a community of geese.






Are are a few trails into the woods.  I’ll have to come back and check them out later, like when tick season is over.


It was a good run through a part of town I’ve never visited.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Some final thoughts

August 4, 2024 The wrap up article from the press: https://406mtsports.com/extra/hes-been-everywhere-billings-man-jogs-through-every-street-...