Monday, June 24, 2024

Run 181 - First visit to Briarwood

June 24, 2024

Briarwood is a neighborhood south of Billings but within the city limits due to a strip of land that connects it to the city across the Yellowstone River.  The area is definitely upscale with big homes that wrap around a golf course.  I saw one place for sale and the sign said it was part of the agent’s “Luxury Collection.”  I made up a couple version of a route map and decided on this one.


I parked in the lot for the golf course and started by running Briarwood Blvd. south to the main highway, which I think is called Blue Creek Road.









The golf course tunnels that go under the boulevard.



It’s hilly around here.  My first out-and-back was on Donegal Court.


Then it was another one on MacTavish Circle.  Did I mention hills?


Some of the scenery.






The only yard art I saw today was on the end of Glenfinnan Road.


This lot is for sale.  It has a great view but looks to be vertical.



A big rock.  I wouldn’t call it yard art though.


A few dead end streets in this area.


In my experience, the more upscale the neighborhood, the more likely they have rules about what can be parked.  This was a common sight.


A short out-and-back on Fife Circle.


Most neighborhoods have a city park and so far I haven’t seen one.  However, this empty lot has a half-court basketball thing.


I kept going…



On Prestwick I saw this, one of the more unique places so far.



I got back on Briarwood Blvd. and headed east.


I’d seen this other neighbood on the map and wondered if it was something I needed to run.  It’s private but doesn’t say “No Tresspassing” but I wonder if it’s in the city.  Something to think about for my next run out here.


As I ran along Briarwood, I’d come up to streets on my left and at three of them a vehicle came up to the intersection and ran the stop sign as they turned right.  I’ve had a couple close calls over the years with cars that do that, that is, approach the stop sign and only look left.




Some sights along Turnberry Circle and Rosemont Way.





Missing a fence?



I did an out-and-back on John-O-Groats Court.


I think this was mowing.


Troon was my last out-and-back.


I arrived back at the lot for the golf course and my GPS was really close to the distance predicted by the rout map.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Some final thoughts

August 4, 2024 The wrap up article from the press: https://406mtsports.com/extra/hes-been-everywhere-billings-man-jogs-through-every-street-...