Friday, June 14, 2024

Run 178 - Side streets on Hwy 3

June 14, 2024

Today’s run was almost 5 miles but I only covered maybe a mile of new streets.  These were south of Hwy 3 east of Zimmerman Trail.


Rather drive up there, I ran up Myers Trail, caught the new bike path, and picked off the streets from there.  Here’s the way up, starting on Country Club Circle.



The trailhead.

Looking down the first section of the trail.


The used to a road, a long time ago, and now it’s a single track trail.






Into the tree and rocks section.


Near the top of the trail, hidden behind a tree is this.


Looking back down Myers Trail from near the bike trail.


And looking up.  I have to climb over that fence.


Once up on the bike trail I headed west.  The first street is Sky ranch but it is marked “Private” and “No Trespassing” so I skipped it.



The next street is Stony Ridge.  It’s an out-and-back.







Masterson Circle is a loop.  We used to start the Quality of Life 5-mile race from here.




Still going west my last street is Hickok.




Hickok is an out-and-back and has some upscale homes hidden in the trees.






That was it.  Now it’s just a run back home the way I came.





I was running down Myers and looked at the trail below me and saw that a wild turkey and chicks were ahead of me.




I waited for them to take a different route before I passed them and then I ran downhill the rest of the way to my street.



It was great run under perfect weather.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Some final thoughts

August 4, 2024 The wrap up article from the press: https://406mtsports.com/extra/hes-been-everywhere-billings-man-jogs-through-every-street-...