Monday, March 25, 2024

Run 157 - Around Eagle Cliffs Elementary School

March 25, 2024

I usually try to get a run in on Mondays, but shorter as I have a longer run planned for Tuesdays.  Today seemed like a perfect day to run the streets near Eagle Cliffs school as I’ve covered everything else that connects to that neighborhood so it’s an “leftover” and it would give be about 4 miles. We’ve had some cold weather and snow but by noon it had cleared up a bit.

The route plan:


First off, let me say that like many of these runs this will take me down streets I’ve never traveled before and as I went through them I was pleasantly surprised as the houses were not the usual Height-splits-entry types.

I parked at the school.  It’s quiet as its spring break.


The school is almost surrounded by open, state land.



Looking back at the school from Constitution Avenue.


The out and back on Looking Glass Drive and the first hill of the day.


From the top of Looking Glass looking west.


Looking down Looking Glass.


A view from the west end of Kootenai Ave. looking over Alkali Creek.


A house on the west/dead end of Kootenai.


Looking east on Calico.


A different type of architecture.


And across the street is a nice big one.


A view down Senora Ave.


Nothing built here.


A city park viewed from Capricorn Place, near Constitution.


Constitution and Governors.


The next 34 images were on Constitution looking north onto the swath of state land.





Looking north from Constitution and Fantan.


Nice brickwork.


From the end of Constitution looking north.


That was it.  A shorter and pleasant run, a nice way to spend a Monday early afternoon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...