Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Run 155 - Around Castlerock Park and then some

March 19, 2024

It’s a Tuesday and I’d usually be on a 7-miler with Jerry but he’s still gone so it’s back to the Heights.  The weather perfect, about 60° and only a very slight breeze.  Here’s the plan:


I parked in the south lot of Castlerock Park.


The streets in this area have a Revolutionary War theme.



Some nice yard art.


Some work being done on this one.


Some of these views could be Anywhere, USA.



There were barking.


I love what the houses in these next two photos have done.  Yellow and purple.  That’s the way to spice up the neighborhood.



Neptune is a dead end with lots of little dead ends.


A city park run under the power lines.








Rather than run back up Neptune, I found a trail back to Governors.







I had to go down Senators to pick up a couple streets.


This is from the end of Judicial.


A fancy house.  I know someone who used to live here.



A view from the end of Aquarius.


Slogging back up the hill on Senators.


Castlerock Middle School.


Looking northwest from Governors.


Governors and Wicks.


This apartment complex off Wicks and Governors had lots of little dead end streets to run.


I finished up at the corner of Wicks and Nutter.  I headed back across the park to where I’d left the car.


I’ll admit that the last mile was tough.  It was getting warm out and I’m not used to that yet.  A good run though and scratched lots of Heights streets off my map.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...