Saturday, March 16, 2024

Run 154 - Early morning in the Heights

March 16, 2024

Shelley opined me for our usual 6.2 mile Saturday morning run but instead of meeting downtown we met in the Heights to work on more of these streets.  The drive there rewarded me with a great sunrise.


I made up the route map in two parts since I wasn’t sure how long each would take.  We ended up doing both.




We started across from Sandstone Elementary School and headed north to Wicks.


We got distracted looking to the eas
t






The first part of the route wound through street after street of apartment buildings.  A quiet neighborhood.




Once we looped back to where we’d parked we grabbed a drink and shed some layers before continuing on.  The next neighborhood was all single family homes.


We saw a nice old Valiant.


We wrapped it up with 6.19 miles on the clock.  Shelley is training for a half marathon and took off for another couple miles but I had to head off to my car club meet up.  Here are the stats.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...