Monday, April 1, 2024

Run 160 - New Street in the Heights

April 1, 2024

No joking around, it was back to the Heights.  I wanted about 4 miles and made a route map that was just short of that:


It was in the upper-30s with a slight breeze so pretty comfortable running weather with shorts, 3 long-sleeve t-shirts, and gloves.  I parked near the corner of Sierra Granda and Gleneagles and headed north.



I made a right on Lake Hills to pick up a block before back up Gleneagles to Cherry Hills where I turned west.  Along the way I saw this achitectural enhancement.  Most of the houses are devoid of any character so I’m always glad to see something like this.


I wound my way through these streets that weren’t streets a year or so ago.  Lots of building going on.





Like a row of dominoes. 


Estrada at its south end terminates at this field that is bounded by Mission Oaks.  I image this field will be filled in with homes at some point.  There was som evidence that surveyors had been here.


Looking west on Mission Oaks.


There are LOTS of prairie dogs living in that field.


That’s Skyview High School on the horizon.







That’s the Wyndstone apartment complex that we ran around last Saturday.



I arrived at the corner of Vespa and Sierra Granda and had covered all the streets and only needed to run down the hill to my car, however, I received a text from my wife that her appointment schedule had changed so I decided that I head back north and pick up some new streets that were not on my map.



When I got near the bottom of this field I took a shortcut to get to the south end of Estrada and went past lots of prairie dogs.


I headed north on Estrada, turned west a short block to go north on Lindero.  I continued on to Hermosa, a new street that wasn’t on my map.  Along the way I saw a few of these.  Bike trail?  Sidewalk?  Flood diversion?







I finished up but it was bugging me that I’d seen the street names Anacapa but hadn’t run it.  Here’s what I had so far.



I decided to drive back through the neighborhood and find Anacapa.  Sure enough, it runs parallel to and north of Ortega.  Heck, I don’t want to leave this orphan for another day so I parked and ran it.  I went east on Anacapa and came back on Ortega.








Here’s an updated version of my route map with the new streets added to it.


One more run and I’ll have everything in the Heights north of Alkali Creek and west of Main Street done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...