Thursday, August 17, 2023

Run 098 - Making a Connection

August 17, 2023

A while back I’d worked on the streets near Canyon Creek Brewing when I our Wednesday night club runs originated from there, working my way from there up to King Ave.  When I looked at my master map, that area was like an island.  Recently I’ve been working my way south toward King and today I closed the gap.  It wasn’t a long run but it got the job done.


There are some fires burning to the west, giving us those dramatic sunrises.  Not the guy blocking the sidewalk.  To his credit, when I looped back here later he was moving it back.





The intersection of King and 24th, one of the busiest intersections in the city.


About half of the route is through commercial districts and the rest is quiet residential.


My map said this was a city street but neighbors have marked it “Private.”  It’s not paved so who windows?


Wild animals.


The fire station on 24th and Stillwater.


Stillwater is 15mph.  I wonder how they got that?


An interesting application of a gambrel roof.


Stillwater ends in a short dead end that overlooks the commercial area below.


There are lots of townhouses on S 22nd St. West and they have a tennis court.


Rosebud Park from the east.


Rosebud Park from the south.


Looking east on Rosebud.



I guess those cars are for the “Before” pictures.


Someone is running around topless.


These storage places are quite the phenomenon.  They started cropping up 30 or so years ago and noew they seem to be everywhere.  I guess we have so much stuff we need extra storage space.


Lots of car lots in this area.



Addicts lining up at the pusher’s den.


King and 20th, supposed the most accident-prone intersection in the city.


The ReStore is a great place to donate a to buy stuff.  Most of the ceramic tiles I have used in my mosaics has come from here.


That was it, a bit under 4 miles.  I did add one block that is not on my planning map.  When I was running east on Lampman, approaching 20th, I realized that I hadn’t run 20th between Lampman and Canyon.  I checked my map from the other day I ran Canyon and, sure enough, I hadn’t done that black.  I think I was leaving to when I’d run the area to the east but I went ahead and got it today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Some final thoughts

August 4, 2024 The wrap up article from the press: https://406mtsports.com/extra/hes-been-everywhere-billings-man-jogs-through-every-street-...