Sunday, January 7, 2024

Run 151 - A 5K in the Heights

January 6, 2024

The Yellowstone Rim Runners is hosting a winter race series called Catch Me If You Can with 4 races over December through March.  Runners provide their predicted pace for their first race and the are given a start time with the idea that everyone will finish at the same time.  I missed the first race (I was in Arizona) but signed up for the 2nd one with a predicted pace of 11 minutes/mile.  The course was on the bike path on Wicks in the Heights and I realized that it’s a piece of road I haven’t run yet so I get a twofer when I run it.

It was cold and windy and the race was fun, more or less, with lots of hills in that short distance.  I didn’t think to take any photos but here are my stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...