Saturday, December 16, 2023

Run 145 - Hills in the Heights

December 16, 2023

It’s a solo run for me today so I went to the Heights and worked on the map I’d actually made for last week but didn’t use.  The route takes in the streets west of Main Street from Milton down to the south end of Lake Elmo and then a bunch of streets to the west of there.

It was about 30°F so a bit brisk with the light breeze.


I parked at Bench Elementary School and went from there.


On Hilltop, crossing over Lake Elmo Drive.



This is a community of townhomes.  I didn’t see No Tresspassing sings so I ran it.  Lots of little rectangles.




This is looking west on Emerald from Lake ELmo.


It’s private property at the end of Emerald.


Looking back east from the west end of Emerald.


There are some hills to run.


The empty BBWA canal.


Morning greeters.


These folks are truly in the Heights.  The house in the background between them I’ll get to in a bit.


Another “private” enclave but it doesn’t say to keep out so I’m in.


I made it to the top for a good view of the sunrise.




Another hill.


Two deer ran past before I could take a photo and then this strangler came along.


Not all streets are paved in this area.  This is on Agate.



Looking east from the north end of Agate, near Shamrock.


It was a very pleasant run and not too bad after I warmed.  Here are the stats:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...