Monday, October 30, 2023

Run 137 - Impromptu Mile

October 29, 2023

Today we had an annual Rim Runner Demon Dash which is a short run followed a potluck and our annual members meeting and election of board members and officers.  This year we met at Dover Park and we able to me the first group to use their new community center.  As a group we spread out with some running and some walking through this beautiful park. Most us went across the bouncy bridge.


 The group of 5 that I was with wound our way north, went through the tunnel under the new, yet to be opened, highway before looping back to the new bridge that crosses the Yellowstone River.  This new bridge and highway will make a connection from Johnson Lane in Lockwood to the Billings Heights, sure to be a major growth area in the future.

We split up when we got to the bridge as the others wanted to find their way up by going under it fort.  I whacked through some weeds and climbed up an icy concrete support to get up on the bridge.  Once up I walked across and looked down the snow covered pedestrian path that a couple other runners had already taken.  I headed out to follow their route.




I waited at the far end where the road ends for the two Daves and Shelley.  We stopped for some chatting about the possibility of having a running event on the bridge before heading back.  Shelley and I made a double sine wave in the fresh snow.


Hmmm, I wonder what caused this?


It was a long uphill run back.


As we were running back I realized that this road is a road in Billings and that I would have to run it as part of this project so why not count it for today?  Instead of getting off the bridge and back onto the trails, we continued west to the new roundabout and the north on Five Mile Road to the entry to the Park.  OK, it wasn’t planned or a long run but it does count.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...