Monday, October 16, 2023

Run 130 - Riverfront Point

October 16, 2023

It’s my long run day and I grabbed a mapped route I’d made a few days ago that would cover the subdivision north of Josephine Crossing.  I had wanted to do an 8-miler but this one came out as a 7 which was good since by 7 today I was ready to be done.


The first part of the run looped through an industrial area.  It was pretty quiet as they seem to be light manufacturing or warehousing.






I got to Songbird Ave and this is looking north.  That’s the Sweetheart bakery in the distance.



Looking south on Songbird.


This subdivision is mostly multi-family duplexes with a few four-plexes tossed in along with some apartments.  There were some single-family homes but not many.  





I wondered what kind of British car they had.





What was sort of weird about this neighborhood, aside from the sameness of the building, is that it was like few people actually lived here.  Most of the places had the shades pulled and there were few people out.



I crossed Mullowney and headed east on Elysian.  Lots of new building going on here.






I turned on Interstate and entered another industrial area.  There was a crane service, glass shop, cabinetry, car repair, reading or shop, etc.  I looped around in Interstate back to Mullowney and then when down a block to cover Titan.




Titan was an out-and-back which put me back on Mullowney where I headed north back to Holiday.  This road is still under construction.


I arrived back to where I started and, for some reason, was ready to be done with really tired legs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...