Monday, July 31, 2023

Run 089 - Around Burlington Park Area

July 31, 2023

After last Saturday’s 5K I was a bit sore, just a bit, and so I took yesterday off.  I want to do a 7 milers tomorrow so a 3-4 miler would be good today.  I looked at the map and saw that I needed to work on the streets below Grand Ave., west of 24th, so I made up this route:


There’s not too much doubling back and only a little on streets I’ve already done.  It’s a quiet Monday morning and fairly cool considering that it’s supposed to get to 96 degrees today.

I parked at Burlington School and got started.


This looks like a pony trailer.


Nice front yard garden.


This guy was barking at me from atop a kid’s play set.  I was hoping he’d head down the slide.


I had to do a short section of 24th Street West.



24th and Grand.


A long alley.






Holiday season all the time.








That was it.  About 3-1/2 miles.  Quite pleasant.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...