Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Run 087 - South of Central, West of 32nd

July 25, 2023

I had a routine dental appointment at 7am so I had to decided whether I’d run before or after that.  Before would mean heading out quite early which is no problem because I’m usually up by 5am but them I’d want to squeeze in a cool down and a shower before getting in the chair at the office.  Waiting until afterwards means dealing with some heat.  I decided to take on the heat.

I made up a planning map that would take in an area south of the dental office.  Get the teeth cleaned and go right into the run.


This is a residential area that’s been built in the past 10-20 years.  There are some single family homes but also some duplexes and fair number of apartments.  Actually, it’s quite boring as the homes all tend to be the same design type and beige is a color that dominates.  Why is it that beige is the default color of choice?  While I moved a bit when growing up, the family home was in a Southern California suburb where no two houses where the same color and the hues ran from yellow to green to red to blue to orange to turquoise.  It was the same with the cars of the era, a wide range of bright and distinctive colors unlike today’s maroon, white, black, and gray.

Here some photos from along the way:

















I’d gone into this one neighborhood without noticing the “No Trespassing” sign.  Oh well, I ran it, got the mileage…









32nd Street and Central.  Nice oldie Porsche across the way.


Resurfacing Central.


That’s it.  It was starting to get warm so I was glad I was done.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...