Friday, July 14, 2023

Run 083 - Around 38th Street West

July 14, 2023

It’s a Friday morning and Shelley wanted to do another one of these runs before she has to go to work so I made up a map and we met at 5:30am near the corner of 38th Street West and Colton Blvd.  


We had run a small portion of this neighborhood last week so I wanted to try and finish it off today.  I worked and worked on a route that covered it all and stayed around 5 miles but I ended up leaving off the streets in the southwest corner for another time.  The blocks in the northeast corner we did last week.

These are all neighborhood streets with houses built in, probably, the last 15-20 years, all with a similar style (snout houses) with a bunch of apartments on the west side of the route.  With the similarity of them all, it’s easy to get confused and we did make one wrong turn, run a few blocks we didn’t need to, and had to turn around and get back on track.

It was pretty nice out, about 57 degrees, no wind, and lots of shade.  And Shelley for a quarter and a dime.  Here are some photos.








And the official results…



And just to note, on the way home I was driving east on Poly Drive and was approaching Woody Drive where I wanted to make a left turn to go north.  I was traveling at 30-35 mph in the 35 mph zone and signaled well in advance of the turn.  I had to stop to let an oncoming car go past and the car behind me, who’d been tailgating for a while, slammed on their brakes (or the automatic system did) and I heard them skid on the pavement before that came to a stop very close to me.  Idiot drivers, in a hurry, probably late for work, and looking at their phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...