Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Run 074 - Beartooth to Zimmerman

June 28, 2023

The streets are getting farther from home.


I headed out a bit after 6am and got a block from home when it started raining and it did so for the first mile.  These streets are quiet since there is an irrigation canal running west to east between Rimrock and Poly so there aren’t many north-south through streets.  A few views along the way.





I’ve seen yellow, red, and white curbs but I’m not sure what blue means.




Throughout the city there are some streets, usually newer ones in a housing development that have signs that say “Private.”  The streets have names and there are houses and mailboxes on them so I really do consider them streets that I should run.  What does “Private” really mean?  I haven’t seen one that also indicates “No Trespassing” or has a gate across the entry and if they did, I wouldn’t run them.  I ran past Arrowhead Meadows Drive which is south of Rimrock and east of Zimmerman.  When I rounded the corner on Zimmerman I saw Arlene Circle, which is mark “Private” and did the out and back on it and while doing so I made the decision to include the “Private” roads unless they are gated or indicate “No Tresspassing.”  So, after running back up to Rimrock on Racquet I went back the block or so to Arrowhead Meadows Drive and did the out and back.



Now it was back down to Poly and work through the streets Golden, Copper, Silver, and Roth that are connected to one another by Poly on the south and Vickery on the north.  I had to do some out and backs to cover all of these.





It was a pleasant run.  I am also thinking that I am to the point of this project where I’ve run everything I can from by house and will have to start driving to them in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...