Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Run 039 - Some of the Southside

March 22, 2023

It was another Wednesday night Rim Runners run and I had Shelley, Val, and Brad willing to veer off the usual route and run the 5-mile course I’d mapped out.


It wasn’t the most efficient route but it did check off quite a few streets between downtown and South Park.  The Southside gets a bad rep which, IMO, is completely unfounded.  I’ve run in these neighborhoods for years and it’s no different from other parts of Billings.  OK, I’ll admit that I see more “No Trespassing” signs and pit bulls but other than that, it’s just more houses and lots of funky designs.

Here’s a slew of photos I shot, in no particular order.


An undercover/unmarked police care making a stop.










Buts in a crack.










For the wannabe auditors, here are the stats:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...