Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Run 024 - North and South streets in MidTown

February 7, 2023

It was another Tuesday run with Jerry and I came up with a new route that compliments last weeks west and east runs.  This time it’s north and south streets through the same area.


We saw some cool things along the way like these three vintage motorcycles.


On the corner of 5th and Broadwater a woman was playing fetch with her dog.  This is right on a really busy intersect but the dog was focused on the ball alone.


A few blocks later, at 6th Street and St. Johns, I had sort of a close call.  We were crossing St. Johns and a car had stopped in our path and rather than go around the front of it which would have put us in traffic, we, I, headed around the back.  A car that was trying to cross 6th made a mad dash across, not looking at us and and and I hadn’t looked around the back of that stopped car I’d have run right in front of him.  Maybe I should start wearing a body cam.  Hmmm, I have a dash cam and maybe I can do a holder….

Anyway, on we went, up north and down south.  We saw this cool building on the corner of Custer and 7th.


And this on 8th just south of Grand.


It’s always nice to get paid for running.


We headed east on Montana and I grabbed this shot looking west.


And this one looking east.



We turned on 2nd and I saw this building:


Here a closer look at the door:


Here’s a nice house for sale at Clark and 2nd.  I think it’s for $1.2 million.


It was a very pleasant run.  Good conversation, nice weather, and new streets.  Here are the stats:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Run 169 - North and east of Primrose Park in the Heights

April 30, 2024 It was a beautiful morning after a light rain over night.  Shelley and I met up at Primrose Park at 6 am to work on this map:...